Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hitch hiking from Helena, Montana to Biloxi, Mississippi

__________________________

When you ain't got nowhere to go you just keep going....
__________________________

9-26-07 HELENA, MONTANA Journey begins at 2:20 pm
BILLINGS, MONTANA 9-27-07 jumped out of an 'old loggers pickup truck after he pissed me off at Boulder River, Montana just south of Big Timber, Montana.   A "Pinger" picked me up after walking nearly four miles.  Said he was stationed at Keesler AFB in Biloxi and described how a small electrical device he trained on was why they Air Force recruits in Biloxi) were known as "Pingers." I told him I thought it was because they all had bald heads and your first thought on seeing them (always in groups) was to "Ping" them on their heads.   Never got on the ramp good when a guy hauling used oil from oil change shops gave me a ride all the way to the east side of Billings, Montana to a Flying-J and turned me on to a small bud.  First pot I had smoked in months. Told me he made extra $500 a week from stations paying him to pick up their used oil because they did not know his company would pay them to pick it up because they turn it into heating oil.  Showed me a whole wad of money and went on and on about how great he had it....
      Never even went inside the Flying J and waited and hour before going to the other side of the interstate to camp because it was quieter.  Camped on a small hill overlooking the entrance ramp in full view of everyone and got woke up at 2 am by loud:

"SHERIFF's OFFICE,
LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!!" 

Cop asked for my ID and I told him I didn't have any and gave him a phony name and told him I didn't know my social security number. I have a minor misdemeanor warrant that only appears in Montana.  He wrote it down and left when he seen I wasn't a drunk.  Went back to sleep.  Trucker picked me up hauling a portable saw mill going to Caper/Sheridan, Wyoming.  Dude was chewing Red Man chewing tobacco and loved my Cowboy cabbage idea (I chew fresh Parsley I started to quit dipping SKOAL and Copenhagen instead of tobacco). Could have rode another 100 miles with him but 'aint going near Colorado or Wyoming and am at the Interstate 90 west and Interstate 25 South turnoff. Very little traffic but beautiful day out in the middle of nowhere....
12:21 pm
 Gonna need some luck getting outta here...
That's exactly what it looked like....

Helena, Montana to Biloxi, Mississippi took (11) eleven days hitch-hiking:  i don't hitchhike at night..



No comments: